Hello all of you!!
So today is my wonderful, amazing companion’s birthday and we really really wanted to be able to send pictures home today. So we biked our way to a 7-11 to buy a working card reader (Don’t underestimate 7-11’s in Thailand, I’ve bought a plane ticket from a 7-11 before here) and unfortunately, they didn’t have one. So we start biking to the internet place and all of a sudden I remembered we pass like 7 kodak stores EVERY DAY. They’re bound to have a card reader, right? So we pull into a kodak and I start talking to the really cute old man behind the counter. Long story, short: He gave me a card reader FOR FREE:) It was a birthday miracle! I apologize in advance for the numerous amounts of pictures I am about to send…
1. In case you forgot what mission I was in, this is the email we got from President today. No going to Lopburi!
2. Which one of these is not like the other? Jk. These kids were adorable. I taught them some english and they taught me some Lao (FYI people in the area I am serving in speak Thai and a dialect of Thai that is very very close to Lao)
3. This is our cute little RC on the day of her baptism. She is amazing. She has been helping us teach her cousin and is already a little missionary herself.
It has seriously been a week of miracles. When you trust in Him, you will see the miracles that He is giving you.
(more pictures to come!:)
4. This was at one of the waterfalls we hiked last week!! Look at those rice cheeks…
5. This is Thailand hahaha. Eating Dewberry cookies and drinking watermelon and banana milk on a dirt road surrounded by water buffalo, cows, and endless greenery.
6. My awesome district and some members:)
7. Today is this awesome missionary’s birthday:)) I have seriously been so so privileged to have served with her. I technically am her “trainer” but I swear she came pre-trained. She has taught me so much more than I’ve taught her. She came into the field already brimming with love for the people and enthusiasm for the work. She has not ceased to amaze me with her skills, testimony, and sense of humor:) Happy Birthday, Sister Coleman! (also a special thanks to the elders for dropping off banana pancakes at our house at 7:30 in the morning!!:)
Life is hard. Life is freaking difficult. We face seemingly insurmountable obstacles: our dreams die, relationships end, money runs out, physical and mental maladies dissipate our hope, we are rejected, beaten, and hurt. Sometimes you fall down the stairs while at a funeral and bruise your arm and pride pretty badly. But I want all of you to know that I know with all of my heart and soul that
God answers prayers.
“And it came to pass that the Lord God caused that there should be a furious wind blow upon the face of the waters, towards the promised land; and thus they were tossed upon the waves of the sea before the wind. And it came to pass that they were many times buried in the depths of the sea, because of the mountain waves which broke upon them, and also the great and terrible tempests which were caused by the fierceness of the wind. And it came to pass that when they were buried in the deep there was no water that could hurt them, their vessels being tight like unto a dish, and also they were tight like unto the ark of Noah; therefore when they were encompassed about by many waters they did cry unto the Lord, and he did bring them forth again upon the top of the waters” (Ether 6:5-7)
God is pushing us towards the promised land. Trust in Him.
I love you all!